Mathematika 5.1

Soft- und Hardware-bezogene Diskussion.
Antworten
wiesl
Promillesau

Mathematika 5.1

Beitrag von wiesl » Fr Jan 28, 2005 11:32 am

Description:

The Mathematica 5.1 environment released last month allows users to incorporate Web services functions into calculations, as well as to work with previously unsupported mainstream data types in a way that earns this version's nickname of "the data functions release."

With a simple InstallService function that takes the URL of a WSDL file as its argument, Mathematica adds the Web services functions defined at that location to its already-enormous vocabulary of built-in commands. With a one-line time-lapsed loop, for example, I could easily monitor the real-time exchange rate between two countries' currencies.

I could just as readily have chosen to develop an arbitrarily complex program to detect foreign-exchange arbitrage opportunities. I could even have built a custom currency-trading dashboard with Wolfram's now-included GUIKit graphical interface builder, introduced this summer as a free download add-on for Version 5.0.

Although it's site-licensed at many research and academic institutions, Wolfram Research's flagship product has never been priced for the casual user: Prices begin at $1,880 on Windows, Mac OS and Linux, with versions for higher-priced Unix platforms priced at $3,135. Mathematica probably won't be on every desktop in most companies. It's all the more useful, then, that Version 5.1 adds XLS (Mcft's Excel spreadsheet) format to its list of supported data types for import/export operations.
----links removed by wiesl----
----wenn wer einen link braucht, soll ers in diesen thread schreiben----

Antworten